Tuesday 31 May 2011

How time flies...

My boy is now a teenager!!!! I can't believe it, where have the years gone? I'm not sure i'm ready for him to grow up, it is happening so fast.  He is a great kid and he may now prefer to spend time with his friends than hang out with Mum and Dad but I wouldn't have it any other way. He is a fantasic kid and I am extremely proud of him,  I enjoy watching how he deals with life and I am looking forward to seeing him grow into the amazing adult I know he will be!! Sure he has his moments and I wish he would hang up the clothes that I put on his bed a week ago but the fact that he tells me he loves me every time he leaves the house or calls me on the phone I will forgive him the small stuff.
I have decided to  cherish  everything my kids do, good , bad, funny or sad. The days just turn into weeks which are flying by and before I know it they will be packing up to go off into the world on their own,  don't get me wrong the day the last one leaves Daniele  and I will be having a party and packing our bags and heading off somewhere to recover  before they all decide to have their own kids and the rollercoaster will start all over again.  But that all said I feel really old now my first born has become a teenager, I'm off to invest in some good wrinkle cream!

2 comments:

  1. Teenage years, I can imagine that can be epic! Hope you still have plenty of Mum and Dad moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they are fun!! The girlfriend stage has started which is quite funny to watch. We try and get a few Mum and Dad moments in when we can, my Mum in law is coming soon so we are planning an over night trip which we haven't had for soooo long so i'm looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete